Canadian tire car battery
The battery, starter and alternator are key components in the electrical system that starts your vehicle and keeps it running. A weak component can cause premature wear in other system components or cause the entire system to fail. For example, a weak battery left unchecked can overwork the alternator, ultimately causing it to fail.
- Computerized diagnosis of your vehicle's battery, starter and alternator with printout.
- Inspection of alternator drive belt.
- Inspection of cable connections (including ground and battery terminals).
- Comprehensive evaluation based on the manufacturer's specifications and our technician's expert recommendations.
- Detailed written estimate for items requiring adjustment, repair or replacement.
When to have this done
When experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Dashboard battery warning light is illuminated.
- Battery, starter or alternator is replaced.
- Vehicle has trouble or fails to crank over at start-up.
- Noticeable slow cranking or noise upon start-up.
Why this is important
Batteries have a limited life and will eventually require replacement. When a battery fails, the vehicle will not start, and could leave you stranded, requiring a tow or battery boost. We identify battery concerns before they become a problem.
- Computerized check of the battery's health and performance with printout.
- Visual inspection of the battery mounting brackets as well as battery cables and terminals.
- At minimum, every 6 months (ideally at the beginning of summer and winter because batteries typically fail in extreme hot or cold weather).
- With every oil change. (battery check is included FREE with this service).
Did you know?
How the starting and charging system works:
- The starter motor 'cranks' the engine when you turn the key.
- The battery provides electrical energy to turn the starter motor.
- When the vehicle is started, the charging system is activated and the alternator restores energy to the battery that was used to 'crank' the engine.
- The battery also powers items including lights and the radio. The alternator maintains a proper charge in the battery while these items are being used.
This service helps maintain the performance of belt-driven components. It eliminates the noise caused by worn or loose belts and reduces the chance of a roadside breakdown.
- Replacing old belts.
- Visually inspecting associated components driven by belts.
BMW.X5 STYLE RIDE ON TOY ELECTRIC CAR REMOTE CONTROL 12 VOLTS BATTERY DULL BLACK
TruePower 20-8305 Heated Steering Wheel Cover
Automotive Parts and Accessories (TruePower)
Kat's 1153 Handi-Heat 200 Watt Magnetic Heater
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Kat's)
Emson 9663 Car Cane Portable Handle
Car Audio or Theater (Emson)
Battery Operated Ultrasonic Rat and Mouse Repeller - Electronic Repellent Scarer
Lawn & Patio (The Outdoor Shop)